CINCINNATI — First Transit, Inc., a leading private provider of transit management and contracting services, and First Student, a leader in student transportation, have recently announced contract wins in retentions during the month of June. Here’s a look at how these FirstGroup America companies are realizing their vision of “providing solutions for an increasingly congested world, keeping people moving and communities prospering”:
• Airport Community Schools (Mich.) – First Student has been selected to provide transportation for Airport Community Schools in Carleton, Mich., under a three-year contract beginning with the 2013-2014 school year.
• Joshua Independent School District (Texas) – Joshua ISD recently awarded First Student a 10-year contract.
• Chicago Public Schools (Ill.) – First Student will provide transportation for Chicago Public Schools under a recently announced 10-year contract.
• Arapahoe County and Denver Regional Council of Governments (Denver, Colo.) – Two Denver, Colo. agencies have chosen to extend their contracts with First Transit for two years, effective July 1, 2013. Both organizations rely on First Transit’s operation of First Ride to transport passengers ages 60 and up to and from medical and nutritional appointments.
• Atascadero (Calif.) – The city of Atascadero has extended its contract with First Transit beginning July 1, 2013 to operate four paratransit routes and one fixed route.
• Columbus County (Whiteville, N.C.) – Columbus County has renewed its agreement with First Transit for a variety of services including fixed route and dial-a-ride services. The three-year deal effective July 1, 2013.
• Cortland County Health Department (City of Cortland, N.Y.) – The partnership between Cortland County Health Department and First Transit has been renewed. First Transit will continue to provide school route transportation for children with special needs in the City of Cortland (N.Y.) and the surrounding areas of Marathon, Cincinnatus, Willet, Truxton, Homer, Hartford, Preble, McGraw, and Freeville. This new, two-year contract begins July 1, 2013.
• Missouri City Fire Department (Texas) – First Vehicle Services was recently awarded a one year contract with Missouri City Fire Department, which began on June 1, 2013.
• Paso Robles (Calif.) – First Transit has received a contract extension from the city of Paso Robles beginning July 1, 2013. This marks 22 years of service in Paso Robles, which includes paratransit and fixed route services.
• University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, Ala.) – First Transit was awarded a shuttle transit service contract from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) that will begin in July and operate throughout the 323-acre campus.
• Seneca Nation of Indians (N.Y.) – Seneca Nation of Indians has announced a partnership with First Transit. Beginning July 1, 2013, First Transit will begin operating a two-bus route under a contract with the largest Native American nation in New York State.
About FirstGroup America
FirstGroup America is the leading transportation company in North America. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Company provides busing and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. In 2008, the company was awarded the National Safety Council’s highest award for safety.