The New Jersey Department of Education released a training program for school bus drivers and aides on the proper procedures for interacting with students with special needs.
The 28-minute video was developed to ensure the safe transport of students with disabilities on the school bus. The training is required for all bus drivers and aides in New Jersey.
The training covers topics like appropriate behavior management, effective communication, use and operation of adaptive equipment and understanding behaviors that may be related to specific disabilities.
The New Jersey Department of Education has advised viewers to not click on a YouTube link for the video. Doing so will prevent bus drivers and aides who participate in the training from receiving the necessary certification.
- New Transportation Secretary Chao a Champion of Science
- Mother Arrested After Ordering Children to 'Box' on School Bus
- New York School Bus Driver Found Dead in Vehicle
- L.A. School Transportation Employees Fired for Alleged Drinking and Drug Use
- Roundup: State Lawmakers Nationwide Consider Seat Belt Requirements and More