SCHENECTADY, N.Y., March 15, 2010 — Transfinder today announced it is releasing Servicefinder, the first browser-based solution for school bus fleet maintenance. In keeping with the company’s commitment to open architecture and ease of use, Servicefinder is a Rich Internet Application with a familiar web interface.
Servicefinder will be hosted by Transfinder as an ASP (Application Service Provider) solution and delivered to the desktops of transportation personnel and contractors, who are responsible for the safe transport of students. They will use Servicefinder to:
* Manage all vehicles, buses and white fleets, in one easy-to-use interface;
* Track part locations and inventory information so they only have to order the parts they need;
* Schedule recurring preventive maintenance tasks for their fleet;
* Evaluate fuel consumption trends as well as identify usage variances to balance their operations; and
* Schedule work orders based on repair codes and technician schedules.
Antonio Civitella, president and CEO of Transfinder, said, “Servicefinder represents next-generation software for school transportation officials who are already familiar with web-based applications. It provides them easy access to a robust management tool that minimizes the complexities involved in managing their bus fleets.”
New Features of Servicefinder
Several new features enable transportation officials to control areas vital to fleet performance and the safe transport of students, including:
* Tire Management – measures tread depth; schedules tire rotation; and tracks mileage on each vehicle;
* Fuel Import Interface– provides vehicle fuel usage history and is customizable not only to measure fuel consumption, but also to provide odometer readings, which trigger preventive maintenance tasks;
* Bar Code Reader – reduces keystrokes and ensures accuracy of part numbers by reading standard manufacturer bar codes; also prints bar codes for optimal inventory control;
* Flat Rate Repair Metrics – associates flat labor rates with defined repair codes to measure technician productivity on specific tasks.
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Transfinder is a national leader in student bus routing software and transportation management systems and services, offering solutions for optimal transportation logistics. A business partner of Pitney Bowes Business Insight, Transfinder applies MapInfo’s industry-leading mapping technology and database management to deliver superior transportation and logistics management solutions. Transfinder products allow school districts to manage bus routes, provide safe and efficient student transportation, and access a wealth of critical district information. For more information, visit www.transfinder.com.